When you get older, your teeth can become more vulnerable and worn. The wear and tear of everyday life eventually begin to take its toll. Fortunately, there are things you can do to slow the aging process so that you experience a full and happy smile for the rest of your life. Here are some tips to follow:
– Avoid food which easily cracks your teeth, such as biting into hard or overly chewy products.
– If traditional brushing or flossing turns out to be too difficult, switch to an electric toothbrush and/or a water flosser.
– Abandon those oral habits in your life that are detrimental to your teeth and gums, such as biting your nails, chewing on pens or using your teeth to open packages.
– If you are do drugs, smoke or chew tobacco, quit as soon as possible
– Schedule and attend a professional cleaning at Timber Creek Dental every six months or as needed if you require an oral examination.
– Floss between your teeth once single every day, preferably at night before bed.
– Brush your teeth twice daily.
– Use safety equipment during any manual labor or high-risk activities that threaten the safety of your teeth and gums, such as a mouth guard or face mask.
If you are seeking dental treatment, you can contact Dr. Mark R. Sheils and our team at Timber Creek Dental in Fargo, North Dakota by calling 701-232-6683. We look forward to helping you attain the successful smile you desire.